The Way Home by Tessa Afshar

 

Are you looking for a good Bible study on the book of Ruth? The Way Home by Tessa Afshar is an in-depth study that would be great for either a group study or to do on your own. 

The Way Home is a six-week study about both Ruth and relating the Bible to a life with sub-title of "God's invitation to  new beginnings." The book starts with an introduction from the author. Then the six week study sections. Each week includes five days worth of study with Bible readings, questions and prayer. I was also pleased and surprised to find a recipe section with recipes that Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz  may have eaten at this time in history. They looked to be easy to follow and fun to try--especially if you are in a Bible study group. I think it would also be fun with my family but I am a "foodie." There is also some extra sections in the back for those who are using the DVD with the study, which I did not do. 

All in all I really liked this in-depth study. I found it to be helpful to me learning about the Bible and growing with God. I would highly recommend it to a group to do together. I think it was set up similar to some that my women's group has done at church from Beth Moore with every bit as much Bible "meat" in it. I found things to be explained well in The Way Home and I liked the places where the author shared her own stories. Tessa Afshar helped bring the Bible to life for me and helped me learn new things through the study. Of course, this is no surprise to those who have read her Biblical fiction books as she is known as being an author who brings the Bible to life.

I received a copy of this book from Moody Publishers. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe