When Women Pray by T. D. Jakes

 


Women throughout history have been turning to prayer to change to world. When Women Pray by T. D. Jakes focuses on 10 women of the Bible who changed the world through prayer. From lesser known women like Rhoda and the shunammite woman to Mary and Esther, Jakes shares how each of these women used prayer to make a difference. He also relates each of these women and their situations to the world today.

I found When Women Pray to be an interesting book. I learned some things about Bible women that I did not previously know and was also reminded of some that I did know. At the same time, Jakes wrote this book this year and shares his thoughts about writing during the Covid-19 pandemic, which I found especially interesting. Jakes is also a black preacher and he shares some things from his perspective as a black man that helped me as a white woman see things a little differently. I found the book to be easy to read and understand. I think it is a book that would speak to young Christians and those who have been Believers for awhile--as well as a plan of salvation for those who don't know it. He brings the Biblical information to the reader in such a way that it is easy to relate to our world today. I would recommend it to anyone. I also felt inspired both encouraged and inspired as a praying woman through When Woman Pray.

I received a copy of this book from Faithwords. All opinions within this review are my own. #SponsoredbyFaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe