Make Their Day by Karen Ehman

 

Do you want to scatter more acts of kindness but struggle with a busy schedule? Or maybe you just aren't sure where to start? Make Their Day by Karen Ehman has 101 ideas for spreading kindness to people you know and those you don't know.

Make Their Day is divided in to eight chapters and an introduction. In the introduction, Ehman suggests instead of complaining about all the bad news that you hear every day, instead you "light a candle in the darkness" with acts of kindness (Matthew 5:16). The other chapters offer ideas for acts of kindness to different groups of people: In Your Circle of Friends, Within Your Own Family, Throughout Your Day and around the Town, Across the Miles or through the Screen, For Those Who Hurt or Need Help, Among the Household of Faith, On Holidays, Holy Days, or Just Because, and By Opening Your Home. In the back of the book, Ehman has included a few recipes and printables. 

As a whole, I enjoyed Make Their Day. It was quick to read all the way through but it would also be easy to just pick and choose to read what you need at the time. Thee are some good ideas in this book that I haven't thought of before and there were some that I have done before. I liked that the way the book was organized. I especially liked that with the pandemic and restrictions in many places that there were several ideas don't require in person contact to work. In fact, I think there are many ideas that could really brighten someone's day during these difficult times. I do wish Ehman would acknowledge that there are those with food allergies or who must eat special diets as I think it is something to keep in mind. I would encourage you to ask about diet before doing a few of these ideas. Outside of that, I think Make Their Day is a great little book and think we could all put some of these ideas in action.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman