When Twilight Breaks by Sarah Sundin

 

 

Evelyn Brand is a journalist working in Nazi Germany in 1938. She is struggling to assert herself in a male-dominated profession. Peter Lang is in Germany as an American graduate student working on his PhD in German. Initially, they both see the country differently. Then, as they become friends, their views change and they see what is going on in Germany with new eyes as we read through the book. They also start to see each other differently throughout When the Twilight Breaks by Sarah Sundin.

When Twilight Breaks is a story of two people who come together in the midst of a time of changing history. I enjoyed watching the characters change and develop both on their own and as a couple. As a reader, I was continually pulling for them. I also found this book to be a fascinating look at history during a very dangerous time of change in both Germany and the rest of the world. Sundin writes in such a way that I felt like I was with the characters experiencing the changes in the midst of it all. She did a great job of bringing that era to life and helping the reader understand what was going on in the world. I also liked the spiritual aspect of the characters that were well woven in to the story. When Twilight Breaks also caused me to reflect on the events in our world today. It left me thinking and the story will stay with me for awhile. At the back of the book is a preview of the next book in the series and I am eagerly anticipating that one.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Monica! I'm so glad you enjoyed Peter & Evelyn's story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Sarah! I can't wait for the next book!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman