Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham

 


Between the Pages by Pepper Basham is a dual timeline story that left me sighing with contentment at the ending.

Clara Blackwell has been working in her family's 100-year-old bookstore for as long as she can remember. It was her father's legacy and she inherited his love of books and stories. At the same time, she has been busy caring for her mother after her father passed away and minding the bookstore. You could say she has been living a relatively, secluded predictable life. Then a letter is found while the bookstore deed is missing and Clara is off on an adventure to find her family's legacy--and maybe discover a new future.

I enjoyed both the story of Clara, Max, and her family's bookstore--as well as the historical story of Sadie and Oliver. I rooted for both couples and booed when the villains entered the scenes. While I own a couple others, this is the first book that I have read from Pepper Basham--and now I want to read the others even more. I like how she brings to life her beautiful stories with imperfectly real but lovable characters. She also wove the plots together quite nicely in Hope between the Pages. I found myself wanting to linger in the happy scenes and sighing at the romance. I also felt indignant when it seemed the bad characters were getting ahead. Also as a book nerd, I loved reading the characters' scenes in both the libraries and the bookstores, as well as the books that they read and shared together. It just brought out all the feels for me and I highly recommend Hope Between the Pages.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

Comments

  1. Monicah! Thank you so much for this lovely review!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman