Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal, NIV Verse Mapping Bible for Girls, and the NIV Verse Mapping Bible from Zondervan and Thomas Nelson

Have you heard of Verse Mapping? This is all new to me--and I think it is a fun way to better learn about what the Bible is saying as I read it. I also learned that while this is new to me, it isn't a new way to learn the Bible. When it is defined, it is a way of getting real about studying the Bible through researching everything you can about a verse to learn more about who God is and how he is speaking to you. It is some serious studying.
Because it is new to me, I have been a little slow to get started in the Bible itself. I like this Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal by Kristy Cambron because I feel like I can freely use it to learn and grow in doing this without making a mistake in my nice Bible. (Why yes, I have struggled with perfectionism at times.) I also like that the journal takes you through the process step by step. I also like that Kristy Cambron not only explains things so well, but she also explains that this study is for every day people like you and me. Also there are a lot of maps to use. Maybe when I get on the verse mapping, I will not only use my Bible but a blank journal. But for now, this is a great way to learn how to do verse map with the schematics all ready to use.

The Verse Mapping Bible for Girls is a great way for girls, ages eight and up, to learn about the Bible through verse mapping. This Bible is written in an 8-point comfort print type--which I found easy to read and also quite dark, which was helpful. It has 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in various Bible translations. It also has 70 blank verse maps for girls to use on their own with verses of their choosing. There are also guided instructions at the front of the book to clearly explain how to use the verse mapping process. Another thing I like about this Bible is that it is a nice size for girls to carry around, either on its own, or in a book bag or backpack. It measures 7 by 8 1/2 inches in size and is about 2 inches thick.

The NIV Verse Mapping Bible is for the adults in your household. If you have young girls at home, it would be great to learn to do this as a family, with the Bible for girls too. I wish I had learned about verse mapping when I was younger. I can see where it would help me learn and grow through the Bible from early on, once the technique is learned.
These are the Five steps in the study system developed by Kristy Cambron:
- Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- Compare: Record this verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research: Look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words and record it.
- Consider: Ask questions of the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what’s happening. Read the verses surrounding this verse and use other study tools to dig even deeper, if you prefer.
- Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today?
Like the Girls Bible, this adult Bible also includes the complete instructions at the start of the Bible. Then there are 350 partially mapped verses to use and another 70 blank verse maps to fill in with your own verses. I also like that this Bible has the easy-to-read dark, comfort print and a lay flat binding, which really does make it easier to write in. It also measures about the same size as the girls Bible so it is easy to carry around on its own or in a book bag.
I received a copy of both Bibles and the Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal as a member of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid. All opinions within this review are my own. #BibleGatewayPartner
They are all available on the Bible Gateway Store site: https://store.faithgateway.com/collections/verse-mapping-bible
Comments
Post a Comment