All That Really Matters by Nicole Deese

 

Molly McKenzie has what many women might see as a dream job: She is a major on-trend fashion and beauty social media influencer. It seems like she has everything she could ever need, great job, great clothes, great car and a catch of a talent manager boyfriend. Then her boyfriend suggests that she audition to host a makeover show for America's underprivileged youth. . .and in order to do that, he suggests she volunteer with underprivileged youth.

Silas Whittaker is the director of a transitional program for aged-out foster kids. When Molly goes for an interview for a summer volunteer position, let's just say he doesn't follow social media and doesn't find her all that charming. How can Molly reach him to get involved with the youth?

I was unprepared for how much All That Really Matters by Nicole Deese would touch my heart and emotions. I am struggling to write just how much this story impacted me. I liked Molly and Silas both so much. They were real and had real-world problems. I liked the secondary characters a lot too--especially Glo and Wren. Even though this book is 400 pages, it never dragged for me. The plot just kept moving me along. The spiritual element truly felt like part of the character's lives and not something just thrown in to make the book "Christian." I did have to take short breaks a couple of times to process my thoughts and emotions but I loved this story so much! I also felt a couple of the scenes with Silas and Molly were truly swoon-worthy. All That Really Matters is definitely one of my top reads of the year so far. The best news is that we get to read a little more about Molly and Silas as we follow the secondary characters' story of Miles and Val in the next book coming in Spring of 2022. I for one can not wait!

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman