The Heart's Charge by Karen Witemeyer

 

In The Heart's Charge, Mark Wallace and Jonah Brooks, two of Hanger's Horsemen, help deliver a baby. Unfortunately, the baby's father recently passed away and the mother didn't feel she could handle the baby so they took the baby to a foundling home. When they went there, Mark is amazed to find the woman that he almost married several years ago. The Horsemen also discover that there are rumors of missing children in the area and they decide the stay and find out if there is any truth to the rumors--and to help the ladies who run the foundling home with some needed repairs.

The Heart's Charge by Karen Witemeyer was an enjoyable read that had both romance and a mystery. I thought the characters in this book were great and I enjoyed Mark, Katherine, Jonah and Eliza all so much. I also enjoyed the children in the book. However, I didn't like the people who turned out to be the "bad guys," but that is good thing right? I did have an inkling of who the bad guys were but I still enjoyed following the book through to see if I was right. I also liked how the romance played out between Mark and Katherine. I loved how well they communicated about their past mistakes. They were both straight forward and honest instead of playing games with each other. Eliza and Jonah also had some honest communication going as they built respect for one another. I liked how well they all put God first and tried to honor Him throughout the book. The spiritual aspect wasn't  forced and fit right in with the story so well. I liked The Heart's Charge even better than the first book, but also liked that we got to see a glimpse of those main characters in this book too.

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe