Love and the Silver Lining by Tammy L. Gray

 


Darcy Malone's dreams all went out the door when the Guatemalan school where she was going to teach closed. Now what will she do--besides eat pints of ice cream? Love and the Silver Lining by Tammy L. Gray will grab hold of the reader from the beginning of this story about Darcy and keep you all the way through to the end.

I was completely enthralled with Darcy's story in Love and the Silver Lining. There were a few times I was frustrated with Darcy towards the end of the book but I also felt a lot of compassion for her. I could understand how she had a lot of confusion and baggage that fogged up her thinking as she struggled to sort out her relationships with her parents, her best friend Cameron and her new boyfriend, Bryson. Add in her new roommate, Zoe, and her mom's new boyfriend, Michael, and it was an interesting bunch of characters. As a dog lover myself, I really enjoyed them all. I also enjoyed Bryson's friend, Charlie, and all of the dogs that Darcy worked with at Charlie's place. I never felt that the story got boring I did have an idea of part of the ending--but there were also some special aspects that left me teared up that I didn't expect. I especially like how Gray weaves a story together that feels true to life and to people and yet has a Christian message without being preachy. I enjoyed the first two books in A State of Grace series so much that I already can't wait for the next book in the series!

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe