The Lines Between Us by Amy Lynn Green

The Lines Between Us by Amy Lynn Green is a historical novel based on World War 2. However, this book isn't like any other World War 2 novel that I have read. 

Gordon Hooper and Jack Armitage stuck to their values as conscientious objectors and fight fires in the Pacific Northwest. Jack's Sister, Dorie Armitage, is a member of the Women's Army Corps. While working as a smoke jumper, Jack is badly injured. Dorie takes leave and investigates the accident to see what really happened. Before this time, Jack and Dorie were at odds with one another as they held opposite positions regarding the war. 

Green based The Lines Between Us on the true stories of men and women who had these roles in the war. This book has both history and a mystery.

I thought The Lines Between Us was interesting. I learned a lot about some history that I hadn't heard about before. I also thought there were some parallels to American culture today as families quarreled over opposing views during this time. That all seemed realistic. I enjoyed the characters and the mystery. At the same time, there were times the pacing moved a bit slow for me. This was also my first book by this author and I look forward to reading more.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe