Crosshairs by Patricia Bradley

 

Ainsley Baumont  is back home in Natchez, Mississippi. Unfortunately, this isn't a pleasure visit. Instead she is investing the murder of a pregnant teenager in the park. Former FBI Sniper Lincoln Steele is working nearby as an interpretive ranger at the Melrose Estate when he is asked to help Ainsley with the investigation. Linc and Ainsley had a romantic relationship years ago so things are tense at first. Can they work together and find the killer?

Crosshairs is the third installment in the Natchez Trace Park Rangers series and another suspenseful book that will keep readers quickly turning pages to find out the answers to solve the crime--or is it crimes? There is a lot going on in Crosshairs. The plot kept me guessing until the end. I had part of it figured out but there were still a few surprises for me. There are quite a few characters in the book but I did manage to keep them all straight. I liked Lincoln and Ainsley, as well as the other characters--except the criminals, of course. I liked how Linc and Ainsley's relationship unfolded although they didn't have a lot of time for romance in between fighting the bad guys. I also liked that there was healing of old emotional wounds in a couple of relationships. I also thought the faith element was well woven in throughout the book. There is a preview at the back of the book of the next book in the series during the summer of 2022.  

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman