Deadly Target by Elizabeth Goddard

 

 

Criminal Psychologist Erin Larson is nearly killed in a boating accident. The same day here mom tried to commit suicide. With all that has happened, she takes a leave of absence and stays with her mom in Montana. Nathan Campbell's father is re-opening a cold case when he gets shot. Nathan now needs Erin's help to solve the case and find out who is out to kill his father. As they investigate, they also become targets. But who is out to get them? And why?

Deadly Target is the second book in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. There is a lot going on in this book. The plot kept moving me through the book at a fast pace. I enjoyed seeing Erin and Nathan rekindle their relationship. I also liked how real the characters were. They had flaws but I liked them all the more for it. I also liked how Erin and Nathan kept turning to God in the midst of their struggles. The faith element was well woven in to the story and truly seemed to be a part of the characters. I also would not have guessed the ending so that made reading that much more fun as I kept trying to figure out all the elements of the puzzling plot. I am looking forward to the third book in the series and we get a one chapter preview to whet our whistle at the end of Deadly Target.

I received a copy of this book from the author and the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman