Never Leave Me by Jody Hedlund

 

Jody Hedlund hooked me in the first Waters of Time book, Come Back to Me. It was one of my favorite reads of 2021 and I have been anxiously awaiting this one. For me, Never Leave Me did not disappoint.

Ellen Creighton is in the later stages of a genetic disease and is living out what she believes are her last days at the estate of Harrison Burlington. Harrison is in a wheel chair with paralysis. As this book begins, Harrison finds the holy water that Marion has left for both him and Ellen so that they can be healed--and they are. But what happens next? Do they let people know they have been healed? Can they find more holy water to help others that need healing? Before they can figure things out, after a brief vacation, Ellen is kidnapped and forced to go back in time.

I enjoyed Never Leave Me. I liked that we got to go back in time and visit Marian and her husband, William, from the first book. I enjoyed the time travel adventures as well as the mystery as they try to track down where Ellen is being held captive. I also enjoyed the romance between Ellen and Harrison with the friends to lovers trope. Both their time together in the present and in the past included some swoony romantic times.

I did see glimpses of God through Never Leave Me as Ellen and Harrison share their thoughts with the reader in some of their struggles. I thought the spiritual aspect was well woven in to the plot. I also liked that Never Leave Me caused me to reflect on what I would do in that situation. I would surely want to heal others that I know need it as well but what is the best way to go about that and is it possible? I also enjoyed the character Nicholas who helped Ellen in the 1300s. I think he would make a great main character for another book--and I hope that the series will continue.

I received this book from Revell Publishers, through Interview and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe