Prepare Him Room by Susie Larson

 

Prepare Him Room by Susie Larson is a beautiful devotional book for Advent. I really enjoyed the readings and the cover makes this beautiful book a lovely gift too.

Prepare Him Room contains 24 readings centered around the birth of Christ. In the introduction, Larson also shares that she based the fasts at the end of each reading on Dr. Alicia Britt Chole's book, 40 Days of Decrease, in which she invites the reader to a different fast each day. She recommends that book for the Lenton season but she draws on it to help the reader draw closer to God through the Christmas season. I liked that idea. Each day starts with a Scripture reading, then goes into a devotional reading that offers some good substance for those who wish to reflect on the meaning of the season. At the end of each reading, there is a prayer called Prepare Him Room followed by a brief section called Look Up with something to fast each day. I found this book to be helpful in drawing me in to the true meaning of the holiday. I also like the idea of fasting from something to fill myself up better with Jesus. I also found the cover to be simply gorgeous and I liked that there is a ribbon marker for keeping your place. Prepare Him Room is a lovely book to read near the Christmas tree or the manger scene to reflect on the season.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe