Life Flight by Lynette Eason

 

EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton starts out this book in the midst of a high stress situation. She just piloted a helicopter and had to make an emergency landing with a patient in desperate need of care on board. Add to that that her radio isn't working so she heads out to find help during a raging storm with a serial killer on the loose.

Woah! Talk about starting out the book running! Life Flight by Lynette Eason is sure a page turner. The pacing in this book just keeps the reader on edge right through to the end. Life Flight is one wild ride for the reader going along with some interesting characters. Penny connects up with Special Agent Holt Satterfield as they both try to stay alive amidst the chaos in the area and just when you think they got the killer, you wonder, did they get the right man?

There is a lot of action in Life Flight. I'll be honest, I like this author but this one creeped me out more than the usual Christian suspense book. The killer especially creepy and he took one of my personally favorite things (tea time) and perverted it to serve his own interests so I struggled to read those parts. I liked Penny and Holt as a whole. They knew each other for a few months before this story begins but I just didn't feel as warm about them as a couple as I would have liked. The book definitely kept me on edge though. For all of those fans of CSI type stories, I am sure they will enjoy this book. The plot was interesting although I would have liked to see a bit more relationship development between the characters. I will certainly keep reading the series but Life Flight just wasn't my favorite because of the extra creepy factor related to tea for me. I do have to add that this cover just draws a reader in to want to read the story though.

I received a copy of this book through the Revell Reads blogger program. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe