Crowned with Glory by Dorena Williamson

 


Crowned with Glory by Dorena Williamsonson is an adorable book aimed at young black girls. I love how this book is affirming in both the pictures and the storyline for little girls of color today. This book is aimed at children ages 4 to 8 years old is 40 pages long and about 8 1/2 inches square--it is a nice size for young children to hold and it is a good size to read to them. The words in this book are affirming and are aimed at today's children. There are a couple of slang words that are in use today that make it relevant to our times. 

As the cover shows the young girl with her beautiful, black hair, this book talks about how that hair is from God and is their "crown of glory." I'm not a black girl so I don't know the challenges they have with their hair but I do understand that it can be challenging. As a white woman with extremely curly, kinky hair throughout my life, I can resonate with that encouragement through Crowned with Glory and I love it. It also includes the element of God making us all special and unique, which I appreciate as a Christian.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe