In Search of a Prince by Toni Shiloh

 

Can you imagine living an ordinary life as a teacher and then one day out of the blue finding out that you are the Princes of a small island? 

In Search of a Prince by Toni Shiloh tells the story of Brielle Adebayo who is a middle school teacher in New York City through the year and spends her summer vacations with her Mom at Martha's Vineyard. One day her mom meets her at a restaurant and lets her know that she is the princess of an island off the coast of Africa and that her grandfather, the kind, is ailing so she must assume her duties as soon as possible. What a bombshell that would be?! 

Naturally Brielle is upset with her mom. She travels to the island and is happy to get to know her grandfather. She also gets to know the people of the island and then finds out she must marry to take the throne. Will she find a prince in time? Will it be someone she really wants to marry?

I enjoyed In Search of a Prince. It is a slower paced novel and there is a bit of a slow burn between Brielle and the man she chooses as prince. I liked most of the main characters throughout the book. I liked Tomori--although not his family so much. I especially liked the running thread of how Brielle kept looking to God to give her guidance and answers. She wasn't perfect but she kept seeking God--as did several other characters, including Tomori and her grandfather. While there wasn't a lot of big action in this book, there was a bit of a mystery, besides who Brielle would choose as the prince, which kept the reader guessing through the book. I felt inspired to keep looking to God for answers in my own life as the characters did in this book. I wish that I had had books like In Search of a Prince to read as a young woman that would help me see better how to put God first in both life and relationships as in this book. My one complaint is that I wish the story would continue into a series so we could find out more about how Brielle's friend, Iris, life turns out.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe