What if it's Wonderful by Nicole

 


What If It's Wonderful is both encouraging and uplifting. Sometimes non-fiction books can be dry but not this one. I feel like I am sitting with an old friend. Nicole Zasowski shares stories from her life and also talks about the Bible at times because it is a Christian-based book. However, I don't feel like she is preachy. Rather it feels like she is just sharing from her heart and soul both her experiences and her faith. She hopes to help readers through their tough stuff too. And I think she does. I would recommend this book to anyone and anyone of faith who needs to see how joy can be part of their life.

In the preface, Jess Connolly talks about how she was afraid to feel joy in her life as a Christian. We put so much emphasis on other aspects of the Christian life that joy feels like dessert--something to be experienced only occasionally. That one really hit home for me. I have shared this struggle. Throughout the book Zasowski shares personal experiences that I can relate to. I want to make lasting changes in my life so I just couldn't rush through this book. There is a lot of good stuff in it and I want the information to stay with me. I want to believe that God does have good things in store for me and it is okay to celebrate those good things every day.

About the book, From the publisher:

Author and marriage and family therapist Nicole Zasowski knows that it’s difficult to trust joy and find the courage to celebrate when you have endured seasons of disappointment and despair. When God has been your faithful anchor in the storm, does joy then leave you unmoored? Nicole reminds us that we can stay tethered to the hope of Christ in seasons of celebration, because even joyful days hold the learning, growth, and intimate encounters with Jesus that our hearts crave.

What If It’s Wonderful? offers a new perspective. With a compelling psychological and spiritual case for the importance of embracing joy and celebration, even when it feels scary, it will help you

identify common barriers and hesitancy to experiencing joy, debunk their lies, and overcome your fears,
confront toxic messages you have received about joy as you learn to see celebration as an avenue of growth and intimacy with God,
approach life with an expectant heart, a receptive posture, and courage to trust God’s good gifts, and
stay emotionally healthy and spiritually alive in seasons of joy and celebration.
______________________________________
Choosing joy has never been hard for me until recently. But now it’s probably more important than ever. The hardest times really show you who you are. 

 

I did pre-order a copy of this book so it was one I purchased.

 @wpublishing @nicolezasowski #WhatifitsWonderful  #Christiannonfiction @tlcbooktours

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman