Where's My Easter Basket by Bob Holt

 

 

Where's My Easter Basket? by Bob Holt is a fun board book aimed at preschool children to coincide with the fun of Easter baskets.

Where's My Easter Basket? is a heavy cardboard board book so it would be easy for the little ones to turn the pages on their own. At a little over six inches square, it is also a good size for them to hold on their own too. It is a fun tale about a bluebird looking for his Easter Basket. Along the way he finds all the components of an Easter Basket--and then he finds a basket that becomes the Easter basket when they are all inside the basket.

Where's My Easter Basket? is for families that want to focus on the basket part of Easter as there is no religious aspect to this book. I know it is all in fun but I felt a little funny about making jelly beans and chocolate bunnies "alive" as part of the story and then something to eat, but since kids have a big imagination that may not even be something they think about. The illustrations are bright and the story is cute. Although I wonder about the use of words like nope and nopers as part of the story. That may be slang that children may not know or be used to.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe