Baptized in the Water by Glenys Nellist illustrated by Anna Kazimi

 

Baptism. What does it all mean? Why are some immersed and some sprinkled? Baptized in the Water: Becoming a Member of God's Family by Glenys Nellist.

Baptized in the Water talks about baptism from the Bible when John baptized Jesus. It talks about adults being baptized. It talks about babies being baptized. This book is all inclusive and is a book for someone who believes that the church is inclusive of all people whether they believe in adult or baby baptism. It ends with a beautiful baptism prayer. Even if you believe differently than this book, it could be a good starting point for discussion, depending on the ages of your children. I was baptized as a baby but then I also made a decision to be baptized as an adult when I came into my faith on my own. I think each was meaningful in its own way. I also like that Baptized in the Water shows baptism in both churches and outdoors in lakes/rivers.



Baptized in the Water has beautiful, bright, vibrant illustrations. I so like how inclusive this book is with children and adult of all different skin colors and abilities. This book also has a lovely inscription page in the front for gift giving.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through the Amazon Vine program. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe