Sunburst by Susan May Warren

 

Lots of action and romance are a big part of Sunburst by Susan May Warren, the second book in the Sky King Ranch series.

Sunburst starts out with both romance and action. This book flips back and forth a bit between the beginnings of a relationship that got cut short between former Navy SEAL Ranger Kingston and Noemi Sutton. They met and spent two weeks dating and getting to know each other in Florida. Now Ranger is in Nigeria trying to save his brother Colt, and also Noemi as he quickly discovered, in Nigeria. From there, the book is constant action--with back and forth relationship between Noemi and Ranger.

I enjoyed Sunburst as a whole. It is full of action that kept me turning pages. There are rich descriptions of the area, the culture and the foods in Nigeria that I enjoyed. I also liked the romantic wedding that took place in Nigeria--even though it was just part of "the operation." At the same time, I did get a bit frustrated with the characters as they kept going back and forth with communication struggles and fears that kept holding them back from each other and deciding if they wanted to make their Nigerian wedding vows permanent. I did like the ending though--and of course, I look forward to the next book as there are some cliffhangers as Sunburst ends. As a Christian, I really liked the talk that Ranger's dad had with him near the end. I also liked how God was working in both Noemi and Ranger's life to help them heal in their struggles. He was also working in the Kingston family as there is healing and reconciliation in some relationships. I am now anxiously awaiting Sundown as Warren not only leaves us with cliffhangers but also gives us a preview of that book at the end of this one.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe