I Can Be Your Friend written by Pamela Kennedy A VeggieTales book from WorthyKids

 

Friends make up a very important part of our lives. I like I Can Be Your Friend from VeggieTales in so many ways! This book features all your favorite veggies and offers a lot of great advice on both having and being a good friend.

I Can Be Your Friend is a fairly small board book measuring about six by six inches and is about twenty pages long. This is a great size for kids to hold themselves. Aimed at children under four years old, the board book pages are easy for that age to turn on their own. It would also be a fun book to read out loud with family or at Sunday School with the great rhyming verse and brightly colored-illustrations of the personified vegetables. 

I Can Be Your Friend helps children learn that to be good friends we need to take turns, share, use kind words and forgive when others goof up. As a Veggietales fan, I think this is one of their best books. I like how inclusive it is--"friends welcome new friends of all colors and shapes!" as well as how the book encourages us to "be a good friend" to have good friends. There are some good principles in here to lay a foundation of good friend behavior.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman