By Way of the Moonlight by Elizabeth Musser

Are you a fan of horses? By the Way of the Moonlight by Elizabeth Musser ties together a love of horses through generations along with other family history and struggles to weave a fascinating dual timeline story.

Allie Massey is a physical therapist with a dream of making her grandparents' estate into an equine therapy center. Her grandmother, Nana Dale, embraced Allie's dream and promised her that it would happen for her one day after she passed away. However, to Allie's shock and utter disbelief, when the will is read, things have changed and the land is sold to a developer. 

Allie is tasked with cleaning out Nana's house within three weeks before the house is knocked over. During that time, she reflects on her life and we learn more of Nana Dale's history. Can Allie's dreams stay alive through this crisis? 

I'm not a real fan of horses but I enjoyed By the Way of the Moonlight. If you love horses, I imagine the book would be even better for you. However, I found it easy to follow the characters stories in this dual timeline story. I also could empathize with the struggles Allie faces--as well as Nana Dale's struggles. I like how faith is woven in the book. I like how the character's personalities shine through. I like how the book makes you think about how you are treating others and spending your time. 

This would be a good book to use with a book club. There is a list of questions in the back of the book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe