Love and the Dream Come True by Tammy L. Gray

 


It has been awhile since I have read a book that really touched me. That gave me all the feels like Love and the Dream Come True by Tammy L. Gray. Actually all three books in this series have been so good and I would encourage any reader to read them in order to get the most out of this story.

We met Cameron in Love and the Little White Lie and I have felt for him since then. I have really been looking forward to his story. Cameron's distress at coming home and facing his past is clearly palpable. I feel his pain alongside him. Lexie is in pain in a different way. . .and she chooses not to face it. Instead, she buries it and focuses on the positive in everything without wanting to see or feel anything negative. While that can have its merits, it can also have downfalls. In this case, Lexie's teenage daughter Morgan is afraid to share the hard stuff with her mom for fear that she can't take it. I like how this book comes full circle in the series with characters that Cameron had walked away from earlier in the series. In this book, we reconnect with Darcy, January, Bryson, Mason and more.

Gray writes in such a way that I feel like I am standing with the characters, feeling their emotions along with them. I could relate to many of the character's emotions in this book as someone who has had her fair share of should'ves in life. One of my favorite lines comes from Cameron talking to Morgan--"If I've learned anything, Morgan, it's that  life is made up of a whole bunch of should'ves. But I've yet to find a time machine to change any one of them. Or a crystal ball to prevent more in the future." Boy, if that isn't the truth. As you can tell, without revealing too much, Cameron learns some things in this book and he also grows up. Actually, we see some maturing in several characters. I like how faith, or lack of faith, is woven through the book with the characters and how it feels like a real part of the story. It definitely isn't a fluffy add on. Redemption is real here. 

I also didn't like Mason so well at the start of Love and the Dream Come True, remembering him from past books. As this book begins, he has a huge chip on his shoulder, but as the book went on, he grew on me and I felt for him too. Now I wish I could see another book featuring Mason and his story. This is one of the best books that I have read this year. And how about this cover? Wow. I loved the whole package of Love and the Dream Come True.

I received a copy of this book from the author through the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman