A Quilt for Christmas by Melody Carlson

 

Have you started reading Christmas books yet this year? A Quilt for Christmas by Melody Carlson is my first one. I enjoyed this novella and the guaranteed happy ending that I was looking forward to. Sometimes you just need a book that is a sure thing in the "happy ending" department.

A Quilt for Christmas starts out with Vera Swanson moving to a new town to be near her daughter and her family--only to have them unexpectedly move away elsewhere after he got there. Vera now feels along and is dreading the holidays. Then she meets her condo neighbors--starting with little Fiona when Fiona's mother turns ill and Fiona looks for help for her mom. Fiona stay with Vera for a bit and likes Vera's quilt. She would like Vera to make one for her mom for Christmas. . .and Vera agrees to try but she needs help to finish it in time. She puts up a sign to form a quilting group--and not only ends up with a quilt for Fiona's family but several new friends too.

For the most part, I enjoyed A Quilt for Christmas. There is a bit of everything in this fast-moving novella. Friendship, a little romance and even a grinchy person. It was fun seeing everyone come together to make this family's Christmas special after their hardships. I also enjoyed the variety of characters in this book. I really didn't like Eleanor initially but  as the book went on, my opinion changed. I like Tasha and Evan and would love to read more about them. I also enjoyed Vera, Fiona and her family and the other quilting ladies. A Quilt for Christmas was a sweet Christmas novella with the happy ending I was looking forward to. I usually read Carlson's novellas and look forward to them every year.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe