See the Good: Finding Grace, Gratitude, and Optimism in Every Day by Zach Windahl

 

 

Do you think things are getting better or worse in our world today? In See the Good by Zach Windahl, Windahl encourages us to see the good in our world today. 

The forward to See the Good is written by Bob Goff(as a Bob Goff fan, this was a perk for me). In Goff's two-page forward, he tells us that he knows Windahl personally and he is someone who sees the good in spite of the difficult situations in life. He isn't someone out there just sugar coating things without seeing the hard stuff.

See the Good is divided into two parts: Changing the Way We See and How to Live it Out, which I think are fairly self-explanatory titles. Throughout the book, Windahl shares his personal stories mixed with Bible stories and verses to help us see how we can focus on the positive as well as how we can integrate good things into our life and way of seeing things. He also helps us see why we should do that and the benefits when we do. 

I could relate to a lot of what Windahl shared related to his home state of Minnesota as I live in border  Iowa so I have an idea of the climate and the culture. Even if you aren't a Midwesterner, I think you will find something to relate to in See the Good because Windahl is down-to-earth and writes in such a way that he is easy to relate to. His spirit of adventure also comes through on the page as he shared stories from various places he has lived besides Minnesota.

At the back of See the Good are 52 gratitude journal prompts. I like that idea. I read through them and found them interesting to think about and reflect on--although I haven't actually journaled them yet. They could make for some good gratitude journaling though,

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe