Slow Dog by Joy Johnston and Illustrated by Lana Lee

 

Do you enjoy dogs? Slow Dog by Joy Johnston is a delightful children's story about an older dog that moves slowly and a young girl who wants to go fast a lot of the time. I think this could fit a lot of families. I loved the bright, beautiful illustrations. I almost feel like I could reach in and pet Murphy. I like that the illustrations are inclusive with people of color but I think the story could resonate with many. I see lots of children with energy who want to go fast--and I remember wanting to go fast. Yet, Murphy and this book show the true value in taking life slower and enjoying the little things. Slow Dog is one of my favorite children's book reads of this year.

Slow Dog is a paperback book that is 28 pages long and measures about 8 1/2 inches square and fairly thin. It is aimed at children about ages four to eight.



I received this book through Library Thing from the author/publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe