Stuff I'd Only Tell God by Jennifer Dukes Lee

 Cover Art

Stuff I'd Only Tell God: A Guided Journal of Courageous Honesty, Obsessive Truth-Telling, and Beautifully Ruthless Self-Discovery by Jennifer Dukes Lee is a journal that I would say definitely belongs between you and God if you are going to use it and be honest in it.

I have some things in common with Jennifer Dukes Lee. I am from Iowa. She is from Iowa. I am a trained journalist who has worked as a reporter with newspapers and so has she. She likes to ask questions and learn about other people and things in the world. So do I. I have followed her on social media and read others books she has written. With all of those things in common and already liking her work, I had to get this guided journal. Oh, and I do like to journal so that also makes this book up my alley. Maybe Stuff I'd Only Tell God is up your alley too?

Stuff I'd Only Tell God is a paper back guided journal with an introduction by the author and well-organized sections with titles like, Me and My People, Me and My Past,  Me and My Right Now, Me and My Weird Ways, As Honest As I've Ever Been, Me and My Future, and Finally. This book has you thinking about yourself and your likes/dislikes, your past, your future and thinking about other people in your life and how they impact you. It also has you thinking about God, Prayer, Gratitude and more. This book just plain gets you thinking--and writing. For me, as a thinker and a writer, it is a book that I will work through slowly. In the end, I hope to know myself, those around me, and God a bit better. Stuff I'd Only Tell God is a writing adventure I am excited to take. Maybe you are too?

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe