Pumpkin Day at the Zoo by Susan Meissner Illustrated by Pablo Pino

 

It is hard to believe it is already August and some children are back in school. Before we know it, Fall will be upon us. Pumpkin Day at the Zoo by Susan Meissner is a fun new children's book for Fall.

Pumpkin Day at the Zoo is a good-sized children's book measuring about 8 1/2 inches by 10 1/2 inches. It is aimed at children ages four to eight. I especially like that this book encourages the use of repurposing pumpkins. Until I read the back page of this book, I had no idea that zoos could feed uncarved pumpkins to animals.

Pumpkin Day at the Zoo is well-written. I Have enjoyed many of Susan Meissner's adult books, but I think this is her first children's book that I have read. This book has lyrical writing that flows so well--I think it is clearly written by an experienced writer. The words just roll out--one after another--so easily on the tongue. It is a fun book to read aloud with children. It also has great illustrations and will delight those who love animals as many animals are featured throughout the book. I recommend Pumpkin Day at the Zoo for any family looking for a new book to add to their children's library this Fall.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe