Love on a Whim by Suzanne Woods Fisher

 

 

I have really enjoyed The Cape Cod Creamery series and could not wait for this third book in the series to release. It did not disappoint. I enjoyed Love On a Whim by Suzanne Woods Fisher so much that I read it in one day!

Brynn Haywood is normally predictable and quite stable. Then one day she made an impulsive decision to marry a man she hardly knows. The next day she is mortified and flees to Cape Cod to see her best friend, Dawn. Once there, Brynn puts her decision on the back burner and fits right in with the rest of the town and Dawn's family as they work together to help Lincoln's daughter to get married. Dawn's Mom, Marnie, and Lincoln are good friends--and maybe a little more. Lincoln has also helped out many people in town so they want to help him out. Readers also get an update of Dawn and Kevin from the first book and Callie and Bruno from the second book. However, the author writes this book so that it could also stand alone--Still, I would encourage you to read the other two books first to get the most enjoyment out of Love on a Whim.

I enjoyed Love on a Whim and, as I already shared, I could not put it down once I started it. Fisher has created a community of characters that I have come to know and love. I like how Fisher focuses on various relationships. All of the characters seem like real people to me as they have strengths and weaknesses and we readers love them all. Many of the characters also seem to be learning and growing--as I think most of us do in real life. I also like the way Fisher incorporates faith into her stories--it seems to flow naturally within the story. There is a bit of a mystery to the romance in Love On a Whim and I didn't figure it out until I was to that part of the plot. I enjoy Cape Cod and the people so much that I hope Fisher comes back with at least a Christmas novella to keep us in the loop with these special townspeople. While I had a hard time putting the book down, I also didn't want it to end. 

Love on a Whim releases on May 7 and is now available for pre-order.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe