A More Beautiful Way to Live by Bethaney B. Wilkinson

 

A More Beautiful Way to Live by Bethaney B. Wilkinson was a beautiful book to read for me. A lot of what this author said resonated with me and while I am sure we have differences, she really felt like a kindred spirit.

A More Beautiful Way to Live is divided into three sections:

1. Groundwork

2. Cultivation

3. Sustenance

There are three practices within each section that make up the 9 practices the author recommends to unlearn anxiety, fear and urgency through time, body and soul.

I share interest with Wilkinson in that she likes to garden, write in her journal with a fountain pen and read, among other activities she shared. These are all activities that I enjoy too--well, I haven't used my fountain pen much, but I plan to use it more now :). At the end of each section, and in other parts in between, she gives suggestions for writing in a journal and self-reflection. I learn well this way so I especially liked that aspect of this book. I could also relate to some of her struggles from growing up and how she felt she had to perform to be loved. I hadn't previously heard the term used of a spiritual director, which is one of Wilkinson's titles. I have worked with Christian therapists but I think this is different. As she describes it, it sounds like another helpful spiritual person to talk to. 

A More Beautiful Way to Live is a relatively short book but it is not a book that is short on quality material. There is a lot to offer in this book for your own spiritual growth and self-reflection. 

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

Love Overboard by Shannon Sue Dunlap

Book Review: The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate