Grow Wild, My Child by Ainsley Arment

 


Grow Wild, My Child by Ainsley Arment is a beautifully illustrated hardcover children's book that was written to encourage children to spend time having outdoor adventures of all kinds.

Grow Wild, My Child is 32 pages long, aimed at children ages four to eight. This beautiful book measures a little larger than 9 by 11 inches. The illustrations by Bianca Pozzi are gorgeous! The end papers with drawings of various items in nature are also gorgeous.

Grow Wild, My Child is meant to instill a sense of wonder in children--wonder at all four seasons outdoors--and having adventures outside through all of those seasons. It also encourages a sense of make-believe and dreaming while outdoors. I think the writing has wonderful rhythm. I love the writing and the pictures. I grew up loving my time outdoors in nature--but that was before the internet got going. I would love to see children continue to love time outdoors in nature and to use their time to dream and imagine as this book encourages.







 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

Love Overboard by Shannon Sue Dunlap

Book Review: The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate