We Wish You A Messy Christmas by Melody Carlson

 

Do you know a perfectionist or someone with OCD? I do. We Wish You a Messy Christmas by Melody Carlson is a Christmas novella with a theme of trying to help someone heal from perfectionism. 

Olivia Bradshaw an Malcolm McEntire grew up next door to each other. Then they went their separate ways and saw each other again as Olivia goes to Malcolm's vet clinic with her roommate's cat. Malcolm and Olivia started dating and enjoy time together. However, they have a roadblock to overcome--Olivia's mother doesn't like the McEntire's. She finds them messy and unorganized. For Olivia's mother, Jane, the holidays, and her home on most days, has to be perfect.

In We Wish You a Messy Christmas, both families work together to stage an intervention--although nature sort of takes its course and creates its own intervention. I found this to be an interesting book. I have a close family member that is very much like Jane so I found a lot to relate to in this book. . .

There were some good themes of grace, mercy and redemption in this short book. There was a solid Christmas message. The romance was a bit non-existant for awhile and then picked up towards the end. I see that in most novellas though so I don't take off stars for that. All in all it could be a fun Christmas read for many readers.  

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own. 

This book releases on September 1, 2026.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

Love Overboard by Shannon Sue Dunlap

Book Review: The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate