When the Silence Breaks by Elizabeth Goddard



When the Silence Breaks by Elizabeth Goddard is the first book in the new Mercy Ridge series. After finishing this book, my first thoughts were, "Whew, what a ride!" It sure kept me turning pages.

Sarah Ellison makes her way to Mercy Ridge after learning that her brother was murdered in relation to a deathbed confession by her grandfather. She hopes to find out why and knows that the government buried some sort of secret in the nearby Cascade Mountains. Can She find it?

Former Navy SEAL Ryder Goodwin hasn't worked as a mountain guide for 2 years--not since his dad died in a tragic accident while he was nearby. At first, Ryder says he won't help Sarah but as she continues to face problems, he decides to go ahead and be her guide. 

I enjoyed getting to know Sarah and Ryder in When the Silence Breaks. Sarah and Ryder face some obstacles before they head up the mountain. Once on the mountain, they face even bigger obstacles. I don't want to give anything away. This was a great book with several surprises that I didn't see coming. The characters learn some things about what happened in the past, what is happening now, and how to trust each other in the midst of it. There is some romance but it is a lot of high action and suspense in this book. I read it in a short time and had a hard time putting it down.

At the back of When the Silence Breaks, there is a preview of the next book in the series to look forward to. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

Love Overboard by Shannon Sue Dunlap

Book Review: The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate