The Second Chance Trailer Park by Katie Powner

 

Katie Powner is another author that I always look forward to when she has a new release. The Second Chance Trailer Park was a character-driven novel full of fun characters.

Meredith McGillicutty is ready for a change of pace. After she gets passed over for a promotion at work, she is ready to retire. She not only follows through and does retire, but she lies about her age to get into a retirement community. However, Peaceful Pines Retirement Community may not end up being as relaxing as she dreamed about. There are a lot of fun older folks that Meredith gets to know there, as well as a couple of younger ones, so there is a little mix of ages.

I enjoy older characters as I worked in a nursing home as an activity assistant for a couple of years and met some older characters myself. I not only enjoyed getting to know Meredith, but I enjoyed the other characters at Peaceful Pines. The characters seemed real and had some true-to-life struggles. It also had some humor and heart because some of these people had some quirky attributes as well. I was pulling for Meredith. . .and for Harry, Doug, Rowdy, and all the fun characters that I got to know. There is some mystery and some romance in the book but neither of those terms classify this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about older characters in a no-spice book. I also liked this fun cover on The Second Chance Trailer Park

I won a copy of this book from the author through Facebook. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: Mistletoe and Malice by Lori DeJong

The Sound of Violet by Allen Wolf (10th Anniversary edition)