Book Review: Jesus Calling Devotional Bible By Sarah Young, General Editor

The Jesus Calling Devotional Bible offered me a devotional and a Bible rolled into one product that I could have on my e-reader device. I really liked that idea. 

I am also a fan of easy-to-read Bible versions. This devotional Bible is offered in the New King James Version. I was already familiar with that version so it was easy for me to like that aspect of this Bible.

I was also familiar with Sarah Young's book, God Calling, but I had not read Jesus Calling. In both cases, there has been criticism of Sarah for making a presumption of what God or Jesus would say. I have talked to several Christians that have found these books to be very helpful even though I understand that criticism. For me, I found Sarah's words to be helpful as well. In this Bible, Sarah responds to various prayers that people might pray on various topics such as fear, worry, suffering and other scenarios that Christians throughout the ages have faced. It seemed to me that she stuck with Scripture in her words. I sometimes wish I could hear directly from God/Jesus. For me, this made Jesus seem that much closer to me as I spent time in prayer and reading. I find these readings to be encouraging and helpful to me as I start the day. With that kind of start, I know this Bible help my days go better. The readings are also connected to other readings on the same topic in case the reader needs further encouragement. I like that aspect of this Bible as well.

I received an e-copy of this book from Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program. I was not required to give a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman