Book Review: Constantly Craving by Marilyn Meberg


I crave a delicious warm cup of homemade hot cocoa from my favorite chocolate shop. . .I crave a day at the pool in Arizona, just like I had last year, for spring break. . .I crave some good girlfriend time in the midst of my week of taking care of my son. . .Right now during a busy stressful season, I also crave a romantic date and time alone with my husband. . .What do you crave?

Marilyn Meberg's latest book, Constantly Craving, lets us know that our cravings can lead us to the One who will quench our cravings forever. Marilyn addresses cravings of all kinds in this book that is subtitled, How to Make Sense of Always Wanting More. Whether it is more from friendships, more from your marriage, more time, more purpose or more meaning from life, Marilyn tackles the issue in this book. She also tackles some negative cravings such as the craving for revenge when we have been wronged.

The first few chapters reveal why we crave time with certain people in our lives. . .how our past relates to the romantic partners and the friends in our lives. I found this part especially interesting and reflected on her words in my own life. I also reflected on several of her analogies and scripture selections as I read along to the end of the book. I found this book to be easy reading but I needed to take little breaks along the way to reflect and relate to my life. I have seen Marilyn Meberg speak at 2 Women of Faith events and enjoyed her both times. . .I could clearly hear her voice throughout the book and enjoyed her stories of times with family and friends as she related her experiences in each chapter. I recommend this book for times of struggle with contentment life. . .It is a good book to make you stop and think, reflect and realize that ultimately our only complete satisfaction is found in God alone and that this world is not our home so our souls long for time in heaven with Him. For me it wasn't earth shattering but it was soul enhancing and time well spent. I recommend this book, especially if you are a fan of Marilyn Meberg.

I received this book through Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman