Book Review: Second Chances by Max Lucado



Second chances. . .We all make mistakes and any of us that can get a second chance are usually grateful to do so. Max Lucado reminds all of us humans that our God is the God of Second Chances in his new book, Second Chances: More Stories of Grace.

This isn't really a "new" book as the book contains stories gleaned from previous works and compiled together in a book focused on grace. The book is divided into sections: For the rebellious, For the regret-riddled, For the prideful, for the mistake-makers, for a faltering faith, and for those who hurt us. Each section contains a few stories focused on the topic. Lucado is a master storyteller so I think each of these stories brings emotion to the surface.

Some of the stories are re-told from the Bible in modern day language, some are from Lucado's life and a few are stories he shares from other people. All of them brought home to me the topics at hand. Some of them moved me to tears and others moved me to change my outlook on God or others around me.

I recommend this book to everyone but especially it would be a great book to share with someone who has regrets, shame, etc, and needs to "see" God's love and grace working. I give it 4 out of 5 stars because it is material that is already out there. If you are already a Lucado fan with his other books, you may want to pass on this one. On the other hand, it is nice to have these stories all in one place too.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman