Finding Father Christmas/Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn




Miranda Carson is searching for the father she never knew. She follows a lead left by her deceased mother to England to see if she can find him in Finding Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn. In addition, Miranda has never had a true Christmas celebration. In a touching story, Miranda finds the truth and learns more about Christmas then she has ever known before.

In Engaging Father Christmas, Miranda Carson returns to England to spend Christmas with her boyfriend, Ian. Miranda is hoping that Ian will soon ask her to marry him and she can make the charming village of Carlton Heath her home. However, her past and true identity may challenge those relationships. 

The two-in-one book from Robin Jones Gunn is destined to be one of my favorites by her. Yes, the ending is somewhat predictable, but sometimes we just need to unwind with a cup of tea and a "happy ending" tale to leave the world behind for awhile. This book let me do that. At the same time, there is a spiritual depth to the book that also helped me think about my own relationship with God. I like that there are questions at the end of the book in the Reading Group Guide that would make this a fun read for a book club at Christmas. I especially think it would be fun to do a Christmas tea and discuss the questions with a group. I have to add that I love the beautiful cover design to this book. I can just imagine being in the Tea Cosy tea room with Miranda sharing tea and scones.

I am also excited to share that Finding Father Christmas will be a Hallmark movie on November 13. It will be fun to see this book adapted to the screen. The book released September 6 so there is plenty of time to get it read in time to watch the movie.

I received a copy of this book from Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman