Nourishing Meals by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre


 I want to be a healthy eater and I want to fix healthy, nourishing meals for my family. Two out of the three of us have gluten and dairy allergies and intolerances. Nourishing Meals is a beautiful book full of information to help someone like me who wants to make changes to benefit the whole family, one meal at a time. I do have some background in eating healthy for myself but have felt challenged trying to get the rest of my family to eat healthfully.

The front part of the book is full of a lot of good information on laying the foundations for good health through good nutrition. This book is written by popular food bloggers and leaders in the functional medicine movement, Ali Segersten and Tom Malterre. Together they offer solid information and tips to change your diet and eat more wholesome foods at every stage of your family's life. They are both work together as graduates of Bastyr University and raise 5 children. They understand on many levels what it takes to feed a family healthy meals on a daily basis.

There are not pictures with every recipe in this book, but there are quite a few nice color photos of delicious looking dishes in 2 large sections. The recipes look delicious. I can't wait to try the cherry pecan salad with cherry balsamic vinaigrette, chicken and wild rice salad, fish tacos, chicken pot pie,m nourishing meatloaf, dark chocolate ice cream,  (coconut milk based), pumpkin cupcakes and many more. I can this book being a go-to book in my kitchen. It offers recipes and tips for base ingredients in the back like pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkins and herbed sea salt mix that would be a help to beginner cooks. It also has a nice glossary and index. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make changes and feed their family more healthfully.

 I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman