Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray


I have to be honest, Lincee Ray is a new author for me. I wasn't familiar with her blog, but when I saw this book, I had to find out why she hates green beans--which I love. I am so glad I did! Why I Hate Green Beans made me laugh out loud a few times and was a great "curl up with my cup of tea" read.

Why I Hate Green Beans shares Ray's story from her early school days until the present. Throughout the book, Ray shares her story and some of the challenges she has been through--just like she is talking with me and having tea right along with me. . .Wait make that a Dr. Pepper for Lincee. She shares both her good times and her hard stuff. Most importantly, she also shares how she overcame that hard stuff. Don't we all have hard stuff of one sort or another to overcome? She also reminds readers of how we need to look to God and trust Him to help us through the hard stuff. Yet, Ray isn't preachy. Instead, she truly seems to share from her heart. She also shares her stories in a way that leaves you feeling like she also understands whatever hard challenges you may be going through. I would encourage any woman who needs a pick-me-up to get a copy of Why I Hate Green Beans and find some time to read it.

Lincee Ray is the author of IHateGreenBeans blog. She also writes for Entertainment Weekly's blog and the Associated Press.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman