The Christmas Star by Donna VanLiere


We have had cold and snow early this October in the Midwest which has already put me in the mood for the Christmas spirit. I was excited to win a copy of The Christmas Star as I have not read a Donna VanLiere book before but I have always wanted to.

Gabe Rodriguez is a guy who loves children and works in the maintenance department of the Grand elementary school. He often talks to seven-year-old Maddie, a cute little girl who has spent her young life in foster care. Maddie decides to play matchmaker with Gabe when she learns that he is single. Every day after school, Maddie goes to Glory's Place, an after school program while her foster mom works. Amy is a new volunteer there and Maddie thinks she is perfect for Gabe. . .However, there are a few surprises for everyone when they get together.

I enjoyed this sweet inspiring Christmas tale of  love and compassion in The Christmas Star. I most definitely would read more of VanLiere's work after reading this book. It was somewhat predictable and there was an extra-happy ending that maybe wasn't entirely realistic. Yet, Christmas dreams are often full of hope in the dreams that can work out most happily the biggest of challenges. I expected the happy ending and that is exactly what I needed to read right now. If you need a happy ending inspirational book too, then The Christmas Star is a good read for you. It is a book full of hope and in a world that sometimes feels hopeless to a lot of people right now, that is a good thing I think.


I received an advanced copy of this book as a prize from a Goodreads Giveaway. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman