Beyond Blessed by Robert Morris


Several years ago my husband and I went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We worked on our budget and paid off a lot of debt and it felt good. Then we made several moves for my husband's job and things got a little crazy. We didn't take on more debt again, but we did slack off on budgeting with repairs on our new house and other needs that we had neglected during that time. Then this past year, we just realized we were just staying sloppy in our budgeting and giving. It is time to get back on track. Beyond Blessed by Robert Morris came to me at just the time I needed it. This past week, I have been reading this book with my husband and discussing how we can get ourselves back on track again. I feel hopeful already!

Morris, who is the founding Senior Pastor of Gateway Church in Texas, originally wrote a book called The Blessed Life, which I read several years ago not long after it came out. I read it about the same time we started the Financial Peace University class with Dave Ramsey books. Dave Ramsey writes the forward to Beyond Blessed. I especially love that this book is like a gathering of two of my favorite financial advisors in one place. It has been encouraging--and gently convicting. Beyond Blessed goes beyond budgeting and financial provision information to give a lot of encouraging stories and information on how we are actually God's stewards of all that He entrusts us with--our finances, our household and our children. Beyond Blessed was such a good reminder to me to take care of those things God has blessed us with, to budget better again so we can better take care of ourselves and, more importantly, so we can bless those God has put in our path to bless. Morris shares many wonderful stories of giving and blessing others and how much joy it has brought him and many others. We have had some opportunity to do that on occasion, and we want to do more of it, so that alone is a great motivator to do better with what God has give us.

Honestly, I would encourage everyone who wants to follow God and to use the resources He gives you the best way you possibly can to further His kingdom to read Beyond Blessed. This book is easy to read and follow. Morris gives a lot of personal examples. He shares some parts in a lighthearted manner which makes the hard things more bearable, and throughout all of the book he shares in a spirit of love and encouragement. He shares convicting truths from God's word, but he encourages you to get beyond the mistakes and hard stuff and get to the better part of living for God the way that you know God wants you to. As I mentioned, add to that some budgeting helps and advice from Dave Ramsey, and I highly recommend Beyond Blessed. Also, for those in small groups, I see there is a study guide companion to this book coming soon.

I received this book from FaithWords. I was not required to write a positive review. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman