Christmas in Winter Hill by Melody Carlson

After several years in the same location, Krista Galloway decided it was time to move somewhere new and start over with her daughter, Emily. She took a new job as the city manager of Winter Hill, Washington, and starts shortly before the holiday season. She isn't on the job very long before she struggles as she makes some startling discoveries that leave her feeling unwelcome in this small tight-knit community, which is so different from their last home in Phoenix, Arizona. Emily went in to the move hoping for new friends and a chance to see some snow. Will the two find what they are looking for? You'll have to read Christmas In Winter Hill by Melody Carlson to find out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Christmas In Winter Hill made in to a Hallmark movie. It is a sweet, touching holiday story. It is easy to picture both the decorated small town and the various townspeople, as well as follow the story that you know will end on a happy note. I thought Carlson did a great job with this one and she was pulling at my heartstrings through the book. I also liked how the romance was progressing but not an overwhelming part of the book.  Honestly, some days I just need a happy novella and a hot cup of tea when I start to feel grinchy and need a dash of good cheer. If that is what you need too, I highly recommend Carlson's new Christmas novella, Christmas In Winter Hill.

I received a copy of this book from the author and publisher. I was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman