May It Be So by Justin McRoberts and Scott Erickson


May It Be So: Forty Days with the Lord's Prayer by Justin McRoberts and Scott Erickson is a prayer guide of a different sort. This guide combines images and words about and from the Lord's Prayer to give the user a way to find meaning and spiritual clarity through ongoing language with God.

May It Be So is different than any other prayer book that I have read before. I especially found the "Before you begin" section helpful. The authors have another similar book that they previously published, but I have not read that one. I like how the authors encourage the reader to consider the book in different ways and to use their creativity to make the best use of it. I found this book helped me to slow down and spend time in the Lord's Prayer differently than I have in the past. After you have been a Christian for a long time and prayed the Lord's Prayer so many times, it is easy to get into a rut. I felt May It Be So encouraged me to be more mindful of what I was reading and how I was looking at both the Lord's Prayer and my life. I want to go back and read their first book in similar fashion now. I think May It Be So would help you get out of a reading and praying rut if you are in one and help you to see things a little differently. I also believe this book would most appeal to creative type people. If that describes you, then I encourage you to give this book a try.


I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman