Peace in the Storms of Life by Julie Rayburn


Chances are pretty good that in one way or another that right now you are facing a storm of some sort in your life as we navigate the corona virus challenges in our world. Peace in the Storms of Life by Julie Rayburn is an uplifting devotional full of readings that can help keep your mind on God during this challenging time.

Peace in the Storms of Life contains 125 devotional readings. Each devotional starts with a Bible verse, moves on to a short reading, and concludes with a few questions to ask yourself for the day. Purple and green are two of my very favorite colors and as you can see from this cover picture, this devotional is covered in gorgeous wisteria and vines. However, it is even better that each devotional continues this gorgeous color picture throughout the book.

Peace in the Storms of Life is truly full of encouraging words for women. I just love the beauty combined with the short readings. I have heard several people say that they are struggling to focus and read right now. I have too. I liked that these readings are indeed short but packed full of Scripture and uplifting thoughts that keep me centered on God and living for Him each day through these challenges I am facing--and everyone else. The questions are also good if you want to take time to journal alongside the devotional. I also appreciate the ribbon marker inside to help me keep my place. I think this would make a great gift book too. Peace in the Storms of Life would especially be nice in a basket with a purple journal, tea cup and a box of tea or something similar suited to the recipient.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe