The Heart of A Hero by Susan May Warren


Susan May Warren has been a favorite author for many years. I like that her suspense books contain adventure, mystery and fast-paced action. The Heart of a Hero, which is the second book in the Global Search and Rescue series, contained all of those elements.

I liked Doctor Aria Sinclair and former SEAL Jake Silver from the first book, The Way of the Brave. They are book real people who face physical, emotional and spiritual struggles as they consider a relationship with one another. In the background of The Heart of the Hero we see glimpses into a future book with a backstory of Signe and Ham--another couple with real problems to overcome. I liked the characters in this book and I found the plot to be fast-paced. I was definitely driven to keep reading and to find out how the story worked out. I also liked that Warren takes on some spiritual challenges and weaves them in seamlessly. They don't feel preachy or stilted. At the same time, there is one struggle I wish she would have addressed more head-on in this book--and that is how Aria and Jake will handle their physical attraction from a spiritual perspective as they go forward. I think readers would like to see how that worked out for them in The Heart of a Hero. I am interested in seeing how things work out with Signe and Ham in the next book so I this book left me wanting to read more in the series. Also, as a bonus, I enjoyed Jake's love of Spam from his home state of Minnesota. The Global Search and Rescue series definitely builds on the previous book(s) so while readers could read each book alone, they would be better off to read the series in order. I have to add that the cover for each of these books is great. They really give a feel for the man you are reading about in the story.

The Heart of a Hero is available for pre-order and will release on June 2.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman