Stories and Songs of Faith by Alexis A. Goring

 


Do you connect your faith music with your walk with God? Stories and Songs of Faith: My Journey With God by Alexis A. Goring is a year-long devotional for every week with part connection to music and part connection to the author's walk with God. All together it makes for a good mix. 

Stories and Songs of Faith has 52 short readings in the book. Each one shares a personal story written by the author and mixed with Scripture that is easy to relate to and encouraging. She also shares how a song spoke to her in each devotional. I could enjoy and relate to all of her stories and found them all truly inspiring. However, I must admit, I didn't always know the song she was referencing. Still, that didn't take away from the enjoyment of the reading for me. I also thought that I could go back and read them again after finding and playing the songs so I would better know what she was talking about. At the end of each reading, she leaves a few questions for the reader to ask themselves to better reflect on what they just read.

I think Stories and Songs of Faith would be an especially good devotional for those who are touched by music and relate it to their faith. At the same time, there is enough good "meat" in each reading that the reader can learn from each one even if they don't know the song. I also was impressed with how well this book was written, edited and professionally put together even though it is self-published.

I received a copy of this book as part of JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman