A Cowboy For Keeps by Jody Hedlund

 

Greta Nilsson is struggling to help her little sister who is ill with consumption. She decides to become a mail-order bride to take her sister to the healing air of Colorado. However, when she gets to Colorado she finds out her betrothed has died and she is penniless after a stage coach robbery. Wyatt McQuaid is in town and just might be the answer to her problems if the mayor has any say in the matter.

A Cowboy for Keeps by Jody Hedlund is a sweet, romantic slow burn story. I liked Wyatt and Greta as well as Greta's sister, Astrid. I enjoyed the description of the area and the way the plot progressed. There is some spiritual elements in the story but it isn't preachy and they seem to flow right along with the characters in the plot. I did get a little frustrated with Greta's communication towards the end but I understand it, in light of the story. All in all it was a quick and pleasant read for me with a satisfying ending.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman