Obsession by Patricia Bradley

 

Natchez Trace Ranger and historian Emma Winters broke her engagement to Sam Ryker many years ago. Afterwards, he left town and life went on for Emma. Now after 10 years, Sam is back and Emma will have to work with him, as he is now a Natchez Trace Law Enforcement District Ranger. To add more complications to her life, Emma now has a  stalker. She also has a mystery to solve nearby her office. When you put it all together, Obsession by Patricia Bradley is one page-turner of a book.

I couldn't put Obsession down. There were a lot of twists and turns in the plot. I did suspect the killer but Bradley didn't let me be sure of my hunch until the very end. In between there was a lot of action and some romance. I also found it interesting that both Emma and Sam struggled with some family issues on their own and together. Woven throughout this mix was a threat of spirituality that rang true with the characters for me. All in all, I thought this book had a great plot and I liked the characters. This is the second book in the Natchez Trace Park Rangers series. While you wouldn't have to read the first book to enjoy this one, it would be helpful as some of the characters from the first book are also in this book. At the back of Obsession, the reader also gets the first chapter of the third book in the series to whet their appetite. I can not wait!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman